High School, Home School, World School, College Students, Parents
Unemployed, Job Seekers, Career Changers, Re-entry Workers
Motivational talk about getting started in life by being deliberate and making good choices about jobs, school, majors, friends, impression management, volunteer work, experiences, life choices, resumes, interviews, etc. Also details how lack of exposure results in lack of choices and how career education is taught in America and what families can do to counter what they have been taught. Strategies for parents and students about how to make the most out of high school to prepare for college, explore careers, and discovering the “I AM” in order to make high school a fun, engaging, and a educational experience that leads to career discovery and motivates students to take control of their future.
This workshop provides out-of-the-box, innovative, and imaginative ideas that turn the job search from reactive to proactive and puts the job seeker or career changer in the driver’s seat to finally “GET” not “HAVE” to go to work. Participants embark on an uplifting, motivational and thought-provoking journey to:
• Expand their job search using library resources
• Analyze job descriptions and discover new career paths
• Customize a resume that represents what they can do for a potential employer
• Identify their work allergies and learn to avoid them
• Create an experience matrix and regain control of the interview
• Discover new degrees and course offerings, Etc.
I am currently booking Being Deliberate and Career Vision Workshops for 2018.
March 9th- Redlands AK Smiley Library (open to the public)
For availability and pricing, please contact Jamie at: firstname.lastname@example.org